“Content Curation” is a “Buzz Word” in the content marketing world. It is currently turning into an advertising staple for some organizations with an effective online presence.
What is Content Curation?
Content Curation is the demonstration of finding, assembling, and exhibiting content that encompasses particular topic. Content curation does not mean creating content, but rather, gathering content from an assortment of sources. It is the process of delivering content in an organized manner.
For example, a curator is not in charge of making new content, but rather, to find important content relating to a particular category. They are also responsible for funneling this data to the readers in a blended style.
Why Should You Use Curated Content?
There are numerous points of interest to using the curated content. Three main points are:
- It helps your customers. They might not have sufficient time or information to get a handle on a specific subject. However, they might be occupied with learning about it. That is the place your services become the most important factor. You can supply your readers with instructive and profitable information.
- It is possible to attract more people online using curate content.
- Curated contents also help to increase professional reputation.
Content curation offers applicable, suitable, and timely content to the viewers. There is no confusion that it is a value added service. It absolutely has those points of interest over unique content, which requires more effort.
You have to consider the following things while choosing curated content:
- You have to believe your content: The best approach to ensure that you can believe the curated content that you are sharing is by having trust in the source of that content. Curated content must be important to the readers. They should have the important human element.
- Be careful about content choices: Do not choose any topics for curated articles. You have to be careful. Moreover, you should set up how regularly you are going to post the curated content. It is also important to consider where you are going to share your curated content. When you have determined that strategy, you can pick the content.
- The content should boost your brand: You have to look for the most fascinating, interesting, relevant and pertinent topics that will improve your brand.
- The curated content must be applicable: You should understand what your customers need to read. It will help you guarantee that your content is relevant. You should have the capacity to place yourself in their shoes. Right-fit content will be ready to go.
- Create as many forms as possible with the content: Think out of the box. There are numerous fascinating approaches to present curated content. For example, power point presentation or videos. Videos and infographics work effectively for the readers.
According to Hubspot,
5 Must-Know Factors for Choosing Appropriate Curated Content
It is very simple to discover curated content. Notwithstanding, it is a different thing to pick the superbly curated content to share with readers. It is essential to remember that it isn’t simply a question of taking an article and posting it. It is significantly more required than that.
Bear in mind that you should include your own critique toward the end of the curated content. That analysis is the thing that will help your relationship with your customers to keep on deepening.
A few questions to ask:
- Do you agree with the author of that curated content?
- Is there anything missing from the content?
- How is the connection between the curated content and your business?
Here are five fundamental criteria for choosing what to curate:
Number 1: Relevant
Think about whether as a specific resource is relevant to your target audience. This is clearly a judgment call. Figure out if it offers any extra bits of knowledge that they don’t definitely know.
Number 2: Credible
Figure out if the content you are thinking about is using a source you can trust. Confirm the authority by checking sources and references. Keep in mind, your own believability is at stake. You are the one deciding the quality.
Number 3: Diverse
Not each asset in your accumulation needs to mirror your own particular point of view. Ensure you are catching a scope of realities, sentiments, and experiences around a specific point. Attempt to introduce an extensive collection that addresses the vital angles, sorted out in a way that sounds good to you. Consider your audience and attempt to be comprehensive.
Number 4: Accepting
Step back and see the collection in general. Do the assets accept your present point of view? Does the progressing stream offer extra experiences? A curated collection can accept what you definitely know and also lead to new learning about a point.
Number 5: Remarkable
Make sure to offer a unique viewpoint. Is it accurate to say that you are giving your audience data and bits of knowledge are not discovered somewhere else? Will you present the resources and blend the resources into a convincing story? As a content curator, this is your chance to highlight and contextualize the data, to strengthen the uniqueness of your commitment.
Curating content is an ongoing process, not a one-time occasion. You will better over time.
4 Steps to Content Curation
Curation is nothing but a long-practiced method for helping your audience.
Smart content marketers have already started receiving curation as a savvy approach to connecting with buyers. They recognize the need for convenient as well, relevant content. However, creating unique content on a consistent basis can be expensive and time-consuming.
By finding and sharing relevant content, content marketers can more cost-effectively engage your target audience.
Step 1: Finding Right-fit Content
You need to figure out which are the key points for you. You need to set up a strategy before you choose what sort of content you should search for.
When you have your content strategy set up, you can start searching for
content. Here are few suggestions in regards to the sorts of content to curate:
- Content need to be reliable. Consider what sources you use to discover content. Articles must be timely and accurate. Their quality should be high.
- Content should raise your image. Discovering interesting subjects and sources will be monstrously significant in positioning your company as an authority.
- Content needs to be relevant. Content should come in various forms. Articles are awesome. However, infographics are attractive and easy share. Similarly, videos are massively popular on the web.
Step 2: Curating Your Content
You have found some awesome content — that’s great! Yet, your job isn’t finished. You should choose from the most important content to share to your target audience. It is important to contribute insight to your content.
You have to add your educated perspective, your comments, or stories. It is the way to isolating curation from a simple collection.
There are a couple approaches. A basic curated article may be presented on a forum with a summary. It is ideal to go beyond an outline and convey more to the discussion by adding insight or analysis to the curated post.
Step 3: Sharing Curated Content
You have already accumulated your content and also decided your distribution vehicles. Now, what promoting channels will be the best for you?
You can use all your digital channels to distribute your curated content:
- Social Media
At this step, it is essential to comprehend what sort, configuration, and in addition, the length of insights are necessary for every channel. For instance, the curated content you post on Twitter is more restricted than what you can incorporate into a newsletter or blog.
Same, it is important imperative to know the best practices for every channel. For example, use hashtags on Twitter and Facebook because it will help your fans find your post.
Step 4: Measuring Success
You cannot figure out if you have a successful curation program until you measure your outcomes.
Tracking measurements for clicks, site hits, shares, and comments, or changes to leads or deals, are important for getting purchase in from your company.
Give careful consideration to feedback, performance, the developing commercial center, and client needs. In addition, seasonality. Those variables impact the achievement of your project and should be balanced and refined as required.
It is important to use the right combination of tools when it comes to successful content curation. It can save your time. According to Christian De Pape, communication specialist, and content manager, you can use Feedly to discover shareable content. You can use Pocket to store and sort out it. You can use Nuzzel to monitor your content. Use Hootsuite to schedule your posts.
To get the most out of your content curation you can use tools like Redux, Paper.li, and BagTheWeb. These tools help organizations to find the pertinent information that fits their necessities. Also, some of these tools will help you create original content.
Bottom Line: Content curation is a long haul, relationship-building process. So you cannot expect overnight success. The advantages and results can be considerable, however, patience is required to succeed with content curation. You are growing your relationships. It takes time.