DevriX is now looking for two PHP developers with WordPress expertise who can join the core team in Bulgaria.
While our team is distributed, we are looking for engineers in Bulgaria who can help out with our maintenance and support activities, work closely with the local technical team, and assist some of our Bulgarian partners and peers.
DevriX is a team of 50 providing ongoing WordPress development and maintenance retainers for international clients. We have also built a portfolio of internal plugins and a couple of infrastructure tools built in-house.
Our culture is geek-friendly. Our best engineers contribute to the WordPress core, build open-source plugins, attend meetups and tech conferences, share technical articles on Slack, organize workshops, and strive for perfection in their coding challenges.
If that doesn’t sound scary, keep reading.
We are looking for a mid-level PHP developer with 3-7 years of hands-on experience.
Applicants from Sofia can join the local team in our office. After passing the trial period over the first three months of work, candidates would be allowed to telecommute or spend several days a week working from home.
We’re expanding our local tech team right now, and national candidates would come with a higher priority.
Candidates should have at least three years of practical PHP5 development experience (building applications from scratch, custom libraries, components, API integrations, automation scripts). WordPress plugin development experience is highly recommended.
Here is a starter quiz that you need to fill out before contacting us – DevriX PHP Developer Quiz
Technical job requirements:
- PHP skills – OOP, design patterns, working against specific PHP versions, producing an optimal and reasonable standardized code (required) and using experimental APIs (recommended)
- SQL for MySQL understanding – being able to handle different MySQL engines and develop scalable and optimized queries
- Experience with other languages (Java, C#, Python, Ruby, C/C++) is a plus
- Experience with VCS (Version Control Systems) is highly recommended – Git in particular, Hg or SVN would be acceptable
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony is a plus
- WordPress backend development experience is recommended – it’s not required if you’re a mind-blowing PHP ninja, but being aware of the life cycle of a WordPress application, hook systems, and general CMS patterns would significantly facilitate the process and would be used all the time here
- Candidates with Open Source products (plugins, libraries, frameworks) are preferred – GitHub, BitBucket, or other source-control repository hosting platform examples are more than welcome.
Personal and Soft Skills requirements:
- The candidate should be motivated and ambitious, responsible to the team, code, deadlines, and the overall business process
- The candidate should be communicative and report regularly. We don’t track all of your moves (neither should we), but we need to see progress of the work being done on GitHub and in the project management system
- Getting the job done is a priority, but being able to enjoy the ride is essential
Some of the job perks:
- Flexible work hours are available (including evening shifts or catching up over the weekend). Standard hours are 10-7.
- Some of our peers regularly work from coffee shops or home whenever that boosts creativity. We meet a couple of times a week at hookah bars and organize gaming Saturdays every now and then.
- Our office is dog-friendly, and hookah is available as needed (alongside the bean bags).
- 60% of our team is distributed.
- Compensation is ROI-driven. Raises are directly tied to your work performance, duties, and responsibilities.
- Multisport card paid by the company.
- Office massage schedules monthly.
- Career growth is self-managed. Enthusiastic and motivated folks become project owners and lead other team members.
- Tech books, tools, subscriptions can be provided as needed. Attending different tech events is doable – speaking is encouraged.
- Our CEO is an engineer who has been programming since 1999 and isn’t shy about innovating in the tech space.
While the majority of our work is WordPress-based, we do develop a small subset of tools and platforms in a variety of frameworks and languages. Some of our R&D initiatives dab into machine learning and blockchain development, which may evolve across 2020.
If you are interested in learning more, reach out, and ask away.
If you believe that you are a suitable candidate, fill out the quiz above and proceed with the form below. We value personality and motivation and are open to less experienced candidates who are eager to work hard and level up their skills. Internship opportunities are also available.