The main difference between inexperienced freelancers or small agencies and rockstar freelancers and proven WordPress agencies is the project development target.
The first group focuses on the technical requirements on the solution and simply provide a web project.
The second group focuses on the business problem and provide a technical solution accordingly.
The WordPress Development Misconception
The main target for most inexperienced customers is getting a website online. Just building another website in the Internet space with over a billion websites out there already will not improve your business by itself.
Building a WordPress website itself is easy – there is a famous 5-minute install widely available for starting users. However, building a business solution and the technical platform to accommodate customers’ needs is the art that will help you to increase your leads and profit accordingly.
WordPress Website Requirements
Inexperienced freelancers build websites by composing a combination of plugins, a premium theme and the WordPress core in a final solution. This is often inefficient and doesn’t take into account the business needs of the customers.
Part of our WordPress development process for example is:
- identifying the business targets of our customers
- identifying the target group of customers – location, social/economical standards, age, and the preferences and online habits of the target group
- building a complete WordPress solution
- optimizing the WordPress solution for performance and security
- picking a suitable hosting option for the WordPress solution
- optimizing the media and the content for better user experience
- providing a mobile version of the web platform
- identifying a common problem related to increasing user base and the website overflow
- optimizing the user experience process based on the target group
- connecting the web solution to social networks, analytics systems, and 3rd party applications
- adding conversion vectors for social targeting, email capture or other ways to connect the customer to individual potential customers
- providing a plan for the social presence, way to communicate with the audience and tools to improve the experience in different social networks
This is only a small portion of the additional factors we need to take into account while building your online presence. This naturally brings hundreds of extra hours of work, but the final result is a fast and usable solution for our customers and their users. This increases the traffic with time and brings more leads which are the main business target of our customers.
For all the latest trends, stats and facts about the Internet and the online world in 2016 – check this post out now!
Can I Grow My Website Later?
Business owners should admit that trends in technology change faster than we usually anticipate and to some extent our focus of business changes too. Keeping that in mind it becomes more important that your website is aligned with the technological changes and advancement. Redesigning a website may sound like a useless investment but let us tell you – if done well, this investment is sure to bring with it some great returns.
Not only does a new a look gives a nice impression but also highlights the fact that your business takes the online world seriously. It also helps in engaging with your visitors and getting those precious feedbacks.
The average industry time for redesigning a website is 3 years. The online presence wears off every two years and redesigning a WordPress website is a normal part of the process.
However, as a website grows and the visitors graph goes up, there are various concerns regarding the performance and security of a website. At DevriX we plan our technical solutions for three years onward, and we could discuss feature and functional enhancements at reducing costs after the three-year mark is reached.
Working with a simple website package or a cheap solution often leads to complications. If the platform has never been planned to accommodate a huge number of visitors or is unstable in general, then a complete website rebuild needs to be done. Our engineers are active WordPress contributors and could conduct a code review and assess the stability of your platform and consult you on the way to go. Get in touch and we can review your existing WordPress solution, or plan for a scalable and extensible new platform.