We work smart and we work hard. We are DevriX.
DevriX is a Bulgarian-based WordPress design and development company ranking as one of the top 20 WordPress agencies worldwide. Aside from our ongoing client work, we are actively contributing to the WordPress community – the Core platform, open-source plugins, and themes.
We are currently looking for a PHP developer with WordPress expertise, who can join the core team in Bulgaria.
Our culture is geek-friendly. Our best engineers contribute to the WordPress Core, build open-source plugins, attend meetups and tech conferences, share technical articles on Slack, organize workshops, and strive for perfection in their coding challenges.
If that doesn’t sound scary, keep reading.
Candidates should have at least three years of practical PHP development experience (building applications from scratch, custom libraries, components, API integrations, automation scripts). WordPress plugin development experience is highly recommended.
Technical Job Requirements:
- PHP skills – OOP, design patterns, working against specific PHP versions, producing an optimal and reasonable standardized code (required), and using experimental APIs (recommended).
- SQL for MySQL understanding – being able to handle different MySQL engines and develop scalable and optimized queries.
- Experience with other languages (Java, C#, Python, Ruby, C/C++) is a plus.
- Experience with VCS (Version Control Systems) is highly recommended – Git in particular, Hg or SVN would be acceptable.
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony is a plus.
- WordPress backend development experience is recommended – it’s not required if you’re a mind-blowing PHP ninja, but being aware of the life cycle of a WordPress application, hook systems, and general CMS patterns would significantly facilitate the process and would be used all the time here.
- Candidates with Open Source products (plugins, libraries, frameworks) are preferred – GitHub, BitBucket, or other source-control repository hosting platform examples are more than welcome.
Personal and Soft Skills Requirements:
- The candidate should be motivated and ambitious, responsible to the team, code, deadlines, and the overall business process.
- The candidate must be communicative and report regularly. We don’t track all of your moves (neither should we), but we need to see the progress of the work being done on Git and in the project management system.
- Getting the job done is a priority, but being able to enjoy the ride is essential.
What’s In It For You:
Aside from the competitive remuneration and perks that the company offers, working with DevriX is an amazing opportunity because you will:
- Work with our on-site team of motivated hustlers where team spirit is well-developed and very important.
- Work on high-profile projects for international brands or digital products generating more than 2 billion monthly page views.
- Self-manage your career growth. Enthusiastic and motivated folks become project owners and lead other team members.
- Get tech books, tools, and subscriptions on demand. Attending different tech events is doable – speaking is encouraged.
- Flexible work hours, including occasional evening shifts or weekend catch-ups, while adhering to the standard schedule of 11 am – 8 pm.
- Take part in different company events like team meetings at hookah bars, Friday gaming nights, foosball match breaks, movie nights, and many more.
- Get a free Multisport card and 24/7 access to a sports room at the office.
- Enjoy a hookah and dog-friendly office.
- Enjoy fresh fruits, coffee, and snacks at the office daily.
While the majority of our work is WordPress-based, we do develop a small subset of tools and platforms in a variety of frameworks and languages. Some of our R&D initiatives dab into machine learning and blockchain development, which may evolve across 2023.
If you believe that you are a suitable candidate, proceed with the application. We value personality and motivation and are open to less experienced candidates who are eager to work hard and level up their skills. Internship opportunities are also available.