Looking for a niche marketplace to position your products and services isn’t just for the B2C sector. Nowadays, even B2B companies have to consider exploring different platforms in order to reach new audiences and grow.
According to Statista, the B2B industry market share amounts to over 31 billion USD. With thousands competing in the industry, entrepreneurs must carefully plan their marketing strategies to look for profitable B2B niches.
Niche marketplaces are highly specified locations wherein B2B companies can sell their products and services to highly profiled customers. Those platforms connect sellers and buyers and act as a third-party intermediary, facilitating the business connection.
Here are a few reasons why B2B companies should try niche marketplaces:
- They target niche audiences. Advertising to thousands of people may sound compelling, but the truth is, only a tiny percentage of these individuals will be interested. Whereas marketing to customers who are highly invested in what you have to offer provides a better chance of turning them into leads and buyers.By using platforms, you can target the right audience by determining demographics such as age, gender, occupation, income range, hobbies, interests, location, and more.
- It’s an opportunity to streamline processes. Using different channels for marketing your B2B services can be costly. Niche marketplaces enable you to eliminate that factor. This way, you can cut down costs and save time by having a streamlined and clear process.
- Niches drive up revenue. As we mentioned before, targeting niche clients often increases lead generation which in turn improves conversions. This can successfully grow your client network as well as increase your revenue and profits.
- Improved B2B relationships. Once you enter the world of B2B niche marketing, you will have the chance to meet numerous customers and suppliers. These people are most likely in the same industry as you, share similar interests, and face common issues. Connecting with like-minded people from all over the world will also enable you to build strong partnerships that can further expand your business.
- Less competition. Niche marketplaces are a developing business model and, as such, not everyone in the B2B industry is interested in them. Because of this, there is a high probability that you will have less competition and can find the right one for your brand and build a solid presence there.
If you are unsure where to start or how to benefit from a B2B niche marketplace, then make sure to read on!
Alibaba is a platform that caters to corporate buyers from all over the globe. It was founded in 1999, initially focusing on small to medium-sized businesses and helping them reach a worldwide audience. However, as the company grew, they decided to take it up a notch by adding a B2B marketplace to their services.
Alibaba works with manufacturers from different countries, but currently, their most prominent clients come from China.
The company focuses on developing a platform where B2B eCommerce companies can sell products worldwide and successfully reach new markets.
Here are a couple of reasons why you might consider Alibaba as one of the niche marketplaces to list your services in:
- They are laser-focused on catering to their customers’ needs.
- The platform is highly scalable and is already a well-known name in the industry.
- They provide data and analytics, advertising tools, and exceptional customer support.
If you offer products in bulk, then Alibaba is the niche marketplace for you.
Packhelp is dedicated to helping small to mid-sized enterprises create custom packaging designs. The company was launched in 2015 but managed to quickly grow in a short period due to its excellent customer service. The company has over 1,000 suppliers that turn to them for custom printing needs.
Here are a couple of solutions that they offer to their B2B customers:
- Product boxes
- Printed tapes
- Mailer boxes
- Shipping boxes
- Retail boxes
- Mailing bags
- Setup boxes
- Carrier bags
- Packing paper
- Takeaway boxes
Personalized branding is an integral part of marketing today, and Packhelp specializes in helping businesses achieve that.
Kitmondo is a used machinery marketplace that caters to both buyers and sellers. They trade domestically and internationally, so their clients have a higher chance of reaching a bigger audience. Aside from that, the company also sells custom machinery that B2B companies can buy.
The company is dedicated to ensuring that the machine you buy is of the highest quality, even if it is secondhand. They are also set on connecting buyers and sellers of used machinery from all around the globe. Their agents are always ready to help, and the best part is that their services are free of charge. They currently have about 8,000 sellers worldwide that provide almost all types of machinery.
Mediatask is a B2B company that outsources drafters’ and architects’ floor plans to other professionals, offering up these projects in digital form as well. Mediatask deals with real estate businesses to turn their designs into hyper-realistic 2D or 3D models.
The company is committed to giving the best to its clients and works with various software providers to facilitate different customer needs. Here are a few services provided to their customers in the real estate industry:
- 360 panorama views of the floor plan
- VR-ready tours
- Calculated reports
- Photo retouching
- 2D and 3D imagery
- Highly customizable floor plans
Mediatask currently has over 100 certified draftsmen that you can work with to make your floor plans as realistic as possible.
Globality is a company that helps B2B businesses connect with suppliers from all around the globe. They use an AI-powered platform that automates this research so that you can dedicate your time to other important matters
The tool asks entrepreneurs questions in order to match them with suppliers that offer the proper pricing and exact specifications they are interested in thus making deals more manageable and well-negotiated.
Global Sources is a B2B wholesale marketplace founded in 1970. Similar to Alibaba, the platform offers everything from gifts, electronics, home furnishings, and fashion accessories to so much more. The upside of using this tool is that it provides different channels to establish trade partnerships.
Global Sources annually hold conferences, trade shows, and even webinars so their clients can work with multiple contacts from over 240 countries and locations worldwide.
Additionally, the company offers competent sourcing advice and news so their customers can stay updated on the latest B2B trends.
If you are in global trading, then Flexport is a B2B niche marketplace that you should check out. The company handles digital freight so you can send your products wherever they need to be.
Flexport pride itself on giving their customers more visibility and control over the logistics process and minimizing supply chain hurdles. Additionally, Flexport also allows B2B companies access to the platform’s tools and features so that their business relationships are more transparent.
They handle air, sea, and land transfers, and even customs brokerage. If you are looking for a logistics company that you can work with digitally, then Flexport is a great B2B niche marketplace worth your consideration.
While you have probably heard of Amazon before, you might think that the platform only caters to B2C companies. However, through the business giant, entrepreneurs can have access to multiple suppliers from all over the world. Furthermore, Prime members can also make use of special features such as cash flow management and shipping benefits.
Amazon Business was launched in 2015 and is meant to be used by the hospitality, education, and healthcare systems. However, more and more industries are starting to use the said tool.
The upside to Amazon Business is that users do not have to subscribe to a monthly or annual plan. All businesses registered with Amazon can use their accounts to access free tools and features to improve their services. However, do note that the channel charges a commission fee based on the seller’s revenue.
Mable is a platform that caters to B2B companies that are in the food and beverage industry. They are committed to helping small to medium-sized enterprises such as grocery store owners and farmers market their products online. The company takes care of the billing, invoicing, and orders so the company can focus on procuring and selling its goods.
B2B entrepreneurs do not have to worry about dealing with emails, paperwork, or manual order forms, as Mable has all these covered. And as it specializes in food and beverage solely, you can count on reaching the right audience by listing your products in this niche marketplace.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of niche marketplaces that you can list your items on. However, picking the right one for your B2B business is crucial to your success since you want to reach the right target audience.
The niche marketplace ideas that we have listed above are all tested out and trusted by other entrepreneurs, so you can rest assured that the right individuals will see your products and services.