You all remember that “Old Spice Man” ad, right? That advertisement launched a successful company rebranding, and made it so that Old Spice went from a dying brand to one that everyone knows and talks about.
But it wasn’t just that single ad that drove their success. It was an entire integrated marketing campaign.
We’ll talk more in-depth about campaigns, but first… let’s find out:
What Is An Integrated Marketing Campaign?
An integrated marketing campaign is a campaign that utilizes multiple channels, including email, social media, advertising, websites, billboards, and so on. The goal is to reach a specific audience and keep your message consistent across all channels.
This means that you have to maintain the same style you’ve used for your social media posts, for example, on the advertisement you’ve created.
To make it even easier to understand, remember that you should always follow the 4 C’s:
- Consistency. Craft a core message for your campaign and ensure to stick to it. Basically, all your messages should sound pretty much the same, and not contradict each other.
- Coherence. Is there logic between all your messages? For example, if someone were to see your TV ad, then your Facebook post, and finally your billboard, would they be able to understand the connection between them? Leave no room for doubt.
- Continuity. It’s also important to have consistency and connectedness with your previous campaigns. Essentially, keep the same idea or message, just update it throughout the years.
- Complementary. The individual parts of your campaign might look well on their own, but do they look even better as a whole? That’s the main idea here, since each part of your campaign should complement the other, and all of them combined must create a sense of a perfect, finished product/campaign.
Readers Also Enjoy: How to Effectively Implement the 7 Cs of Digital Marketing? – DevriX
Now, let’s get to the part you’ve all been waiting for.
How to Achieve a Memorable Integrated Marketing Campaign?
- Develop a Strategy
- Research Your Audience
- Choose the Right Channels
- Create Content
- Start Your Campaign and Measure Results
1. Develop a Strategy
As it is with all business and marketing endeavors, an integrated marketing campaign should always start with thorough planning and outline of the strategy, which you intend to follow.
It’s much easier to plan ahead, and then stick to what you’ve decided, instead of improvising everything. Think about whom you want to target, why, and how you can reach them.
2. Research Your Audience
Of course, you should be well aware of who your customers are, what they like, where they spend their time, and so on. Obviously, it wouldn’t make sense to spend time and resources on creating a TV ad, and then realize that just 2% of your audience watches television.
Naturally, you should also rely on personalization, since it’s one of the biggest forces that drives sales nowadays.
3. Choose the Right Channels
Again, it’s essential for the success of your campaign to choose the right channels. If you’ve managed to properly research your audience, and outline the platforms where they spend most of their time (both offline and online), then it’s most likely that you’ll be able to properly target them.
Don’t forget that one of the main objectives of an integrated marketing campaign is to reach the specific target audience of your desire, and using as many channels as possible, while doing so.
4. Create Content
Once you’re done with all the strategizing, researching, and planning, it’s finally time to create the content you will use for your campaign. The main thing you should think about is whether to make it reusable. It’s pointless to constantly re-write your content, as it will, more likely than not, change your message, and people could be confused.
So, why not craft a copy, a message, that will be up-to-date today, tomorrow, and in 5 years from now. If you think about most of the memorable big marketing messages, they’ve all been using the same content for decades.
Readers Also Enjoy: How to Create Evergreen Content (with examples) – DevriX
5. Start Your Campaign and Measure Results
Sooner or later, you’ll get to the point where you are ready and set to launch your integrated marketing campaign. Cheers to you! Don’t think the job is done, though. After you’ve started your campaign, it is crucial to monitor, keep track and make changes, if necessary.
You need to constantly ensure that your channels align with each other, and with the overall message you are trying to convey (remember: Complementary).
What’s more, you should back up your ideas with data and stats – is your ad performing well, do your social media followers engage with your posts, are you successfully utilizing your billboard space, etc.
Readers Also Enjoy: 9 Tips in Creating a Landing Page for Your Marketing Campaign – DevriX
Benefits of an Integrated Marketing Campaign
You now know how to plan and start your very own integrated marketing campaign, but perhaps you’ve been thinking why go through all the fuss, when you can just rely on what you’re already doing?
We have a few points that will help you understand what the benefits of an integrated marketing campaign are:
- Reach a wider audience. When you’re using a cross-channel marketing strategy, it’s only logical that your brand will gain better awareness. Think about all the brands you’ve heard of solely because they seem to be omnipresent – social media, TV, ads, etc. In the end of the day, if people don’t know who you are, they can’t do business with you.
- Consistent branding. Not only do you earn more brand acknowledgment, you also convey a consistent message that sticks in the minds of consumers. Why would you launch new campaigns once or twice a year, when all you can to do to attract enough attention is to update your ongoing, integrated marketing campaign?
- Short and long-term grow. You will see quick results, while also experiencing the long-term benefits of a successful integrated campaign. The cool part is that more and more new customers get to know you, and remember your brand, and you still keep your existing customers satisfied.
Achieving a memorable integrated marketing campaign is not an easy task. Successfully executing one, moreover, could result in a huge boost to your business – both in terms of branding and new clients.
On top of that, you will be remembered for years to come, meaning you will continue to reap the benefits of your campaign long after you’ve launched it.
Marketing Assistance for Your Business
One of our core specialties as a part of our full-service suite of services is the Inbound Marketing package. If you need expert assistance in keyword generation and SEO, you should get in touch with us. We are a professional WordPress development company profiling in business growth for your next big challenge.