With the technology shifting fast, marketers now have a multitude of choices when it comes to implementing effective marketing strategies. One of the most sought-after creative plans today is live video streaming, wherein a person or a group of people broadcast what they are currently doing.
Defining B2B Live Streaming
Live video streaming provides B2B companies the chance to showcase virtual events, new product launches, and hold Q&As sessions online. These types of videos can be watched in real-time, which is what makes them highly accessible to customers.
Live streaming can be done through a mobile device or a webcam, meaning it’s one of the most inexpensive yet effective types for user engagement. It aims to educate and inspire your audience to reach out to the brand and connect.
Platforms for B2B Live Streaming
This type of broadcasting can be done using different online platforms. LinkedIn, for example, is one of the best channels that B2B companies can use to reach their target audiences. Find out which platform your target markets frequent and use that to your advantage.
Here are some of the platforms that you can use for live streaming:
- Facebook. B2B companies can use Facebook live to update their audience about what’s happening with the brand. Presentations, teasers for upcoming events, and even going live during an event can be done through Facebook live. This is a great option if you have thousands of active followers on the platform.
- LinkedIn. As we have mentioned, LinkedIn is one of the most ideal platforms for B2B companies to use for live video streaming. LinkedIn launched its live video services in February 2019, and thousands of companies have been taking advantage of it since. However, third-party tools such as Wirecast and Socialive should be used for users to be able to do live streaming.
- YouTube. YouTube allows its users to engage with their patrons through live video streaming. This can be done simply by creating a YouTube account and streaming live through a mobile device or a webcam. This platform is great for doing tutorials, product demos, reviews, and even updates about your brand.
- Instagram. You can do a live stream on Instagram through your stories. Followers who follow you and have their notifications on will receive an alert once you go live, which is a great feature for B2B companies to get noticed. The live video will automatically disappear from your story after 24 hours, but you can add it to your highlights so people can always view it when they go to your profile.
The Benefits of Live Video Streaming for Businesses
We’ve talked about how powerful live video streaming can be, but you might be wondering what it can do to improve your B2B company. There are a handful of reasons to try it, which include the following:
- You’ll be able to engage with your customers in real-time, which can help improve your relationship with them. Your existing consumers will feel closer to the brand, and new viewers will most likely check out the company especially if you take your time to reply to them and answer their questions.
- You will know which customers are likely to turn into leads and eventually convert. Live streams can sometimes take hours, and if people stay until the end of it, then you can be sure which ones to target and focus on. Highly-engaged viewers are most likely to turn into buying clients.
- Live streaming is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies for B2B companies. You don’t need to hire a team or an expensive video production company just to get it done. Yes, you always have that option, but it is not necessary. Live streams can be done with just a smartphone or a webcam and a presentable background. Microphones can also be used for better audio.
Here are some of the ways your company can benefit from B2B live video streaming:
Introduce Product Updates
Excite your buyers by introducing your new products through live streaming. This way, you can directly address some of their questions and concerns about the products that you are launching. It is an interactive way of letting people see what’s to come, and most of them will be encouraged enough to comment on your video.
Most entrepreneurs are way too busy to sit down and read pages and pages of blog posts, which is why live streaming is a great alternative for showcasing your new products. It’s fast, straight to the point, and easy to digest.
Do a Live Q&A
It is a great idea to do a live Q&A session, especially if you’ve noticed an influx of questions from your audience. Live videos make it easier for them to do a follow-up without having to wait for you to answer them back.
Here are a few ways to find some of the most common questions that people tend to ask:
- Check your blog and social media comments. Go through it to see your clients’ pain points.
- Send surveys through email.
- Take a peek at your competitors’ social media pages and read the comments.
- Involve your sales team and ask them what callers are usually asking or complaining about.
- Check your social media mentions. Turn your notifications on so you’d always see when a follower mentions you or sends you a message.
Conduct Live Interviews With Experts
Try contacting some experts in your field and invite them for a live interview. Broadcast this to your viewers and encourage them to make suggestions and express their concerns. One of the benefits of owning a B2B company is that you are dealing with like-minded entrepreneurs, and inviting specialists that they can relate to, will encourage them to engage.
These experts should have an extensive background and knowledge regarding the topic that you are about to discuss. Your audience is looking for companies that they can trust to increase their return on investment, and sounding unenthusiastic can affect the way they deal with your brand.
Lastly, doing this will show your target demographic that experts and leaders in the industry are willing to deal with you. This will add credibility to your name, which is one of the key ingredients when it comes to achieving success.
Live Stream Your Beta Testing
Hold a live stream of your beta testing to attract both testers and business-minded people. Encourage your viewers to comment and give feedback on what they’ve seen. This way, not only will they feel like they are a part of the process, but you can also gain insights into what your clients are really looking for.
Connect with Other Businesses and Influencers
Since you are a company that caters to other business owners, it is a must to always work on your relationship with like-minded individuals. Make the most out of your platform by attending other businesses’ and influencers’ live events.
Consider commenting and interacting with them to get their attention. Who knows, maybe you can strike up a conversation with someone who’d be interested in partnering up and doing business with you.
Do Live Tutorials and Product Demos
Give an insight into what your brand can offer to other businesses. Highlight how it can improve their company and teach them how to use your products for growth. Take them through the whole process and offer solutions to pain points.
Replace live chatting with live product demos. Have a pre-recorded video ready and share your screen with your viewers. Give them a step-by-step guide on how to use your products and ask them if they have queries once the demo is done. Gather everyone on your team and have them answer the questions first-hand.
Walking the crowd through the whole process using live video can be more beneficial than uploading a pre-recorded video and answering their questions separately. Doing so will also help you save lots of time.
Partner Up With Your Clients
Step up your game by offering to do live streams with your clients. Give them content that will be useful to them, and they will forever be thankful to you and your brand. Create an event that both companies can attend and do a live stream about it. Not only will you be able to help your clients communicate with their customers, but you will also get the chance to meet their consumers, which can help increase your brand recognition.
Go Behind the Scenes
Take your followers with you to events and conferences that you are attending. Set up a booth or a place where you can do a live stream for your audience. This way, your patrons that are unable to go to the event can see what’s happening in real-time. You can ask about their thoughts and suggestions once the event is over.
Alternatively, you can also take them on a virtual tour of your office. Take them to the different departments and introduce them to your employees. Show them how your business operates and what you and the team do in the office on a daily basis.
There are lots of creative ways to implement live video streaming to your B2B company. Always remember that the main focus is to help your customers solve their pain points. Trust between the brand and your audience is something that you should always work on, and implementing these steps can help you achieve it in no time.