Building an effective branding strategy is the first but the most crucial step to the future growth of any business. A good strategy differentiates a brand from its competitors, promotes customer engagement, and reflects its value. This article delves into all you need to know about brand building and the most effective branding strategies to win customers.
Over the past decade, WordPress has been one of the leading marketing website builders to promote customer engagement.
The platform offers over 3500 themes and over 58,000 plugins, making it one of the most effective around. Having said this, brands must develop an effective customer engagement strategy to take advantage of the massive traffic that WordPress generates.
One way to stand out in this oversaturated online market is to have a solid and recognizable brand. A well-established brand that is well-positioned guarantees loyalty, recognition, and visibility, market advantage, and credibility, as well as products that sell themselves. Thus, a company must lay down well-thought-out marketing strategies both online and offline.
This article will solely focus on the branding initiatives one can use to gain customer engagement on WordPress sites and ensure growth. Let’s get started!
1. Create a Perfect Landing Page
Website owners can use landing pages as the perfect platform for their call to action and give their inbound marketing strategies a considerable boost. A well-crafted landing page must draw the users’ attention, be clear and to the point, and have a CTA button to drive potential customers towards a conversion. Also, another key element is a copy of spoken text rather than elaborate or grammatically correct writing to capture the attention of the readers.
Remember, the main aim of a landing page is customer engagement. So, make sure you brand it in a way that communicates your message clearly and effectively. When creating a landing page that supports customer engagement, it is vital to use attention-grabbing elements like killer headlines, images, and a Call-to-Action button. In addition, make sure to place them at strategic locations on the landing page to capture users’ attention. To cap it off, instead of selling products on the landing page, you should highlight the benefits of your products and services to increase sales.
When designing a landing page, use a simple layout that both contrasts but complements as well. A simple design doesn’t distract users, thus, promotes customer engagement. Furthermore, the logo must be placed strategically and kept in that position for consistency.
If done right, a landing page is a good customer engagement tool that can turn prospects into loyal customers with only a few clicks.
2. Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The sole purpose of building effective brand awareness is to enable potential clients to recognize and engage with the brand. Nothing beats search engine optimization in creating brand awareness, especially in the digital era of customer engagement.
In short, Search Engine Optimization ensures a website is search engine friendly so that it can rank among the top articles. Optimizing a WordPress site improves the visibility of the brand and betters the positioning of the site for maximum user traffic.
Search engines use over 200 ranking factors to assess the different sites on their radar. However, knowing and adhering to them can be an uphill task, mainly due to their high number and complexity. Fortunately, brands can choose and implement the most relevant and crucial ranking factors, which is enough to improve customer engagement.
Here are some important SEO factors that one should keep in mind in order to improve their site’s chances of ranking well and boosting customer engagement:
- Content: The quality of a website’s content is one thing that search engines look at when crawling and ranking. A site must provide fact-checked, necessary, and informative points to users.
- Title Tags: An article, a post, or a page must have the correct title tags to help search engines determine what it is about. A proper title tag must be meaningful, relevant, contain the right keywords, and have 50 to 60 characters. You should definitely avoid long or wordy title tags as they can affect search engine ranking and customer engagement negatively.
- Keywords: Keyword stuffing is now an archaic way of boosting SEO results. The most effective way to do SEO is to include the right number of keywords in the title tags, meta description, URL, and content.
- Social Integration: Search engines regard share signals very highly as they demonstrate a site’s content authority. Adding social sharing buttons to customer engagement platforms across your blog is a sure way of helping search engines find a website and rank them accordingly.
3. Work on Your Website User Experience and Customer Engagement
A good website is one of the most important digital marketing assets to build a brand, guarantee customer engagement, and grow your business. It is the meeting point between business owner and their customers. Potential leads click on the site to learn about the company and, after that, take action. To convert visitors into loyal customers and ensure user engagement, a website must offer an exceptional user experience and tell its brand story in an effective way.
A good user experience involves having all the proper pieces in check even before launching the site. For instance, one must register a practical and unique domain name, choose the CMS that best serves their needs, and pick the right web hosting plan. Above all, the site must have a good loading speed and a user-friendly website design that supports user engagement.
4. Use the Four-I Strategy
Experimenting is important for any business that wants to grow and innovate. Without testing different target audiences, companies may not be able to attract the right customers and ensure proper engagement and retention.
The Four-I strategy is the perfect strategy for customer engagement and involves:
- Influence: Most people value recommendations from influencers and celebrities that they trust. A brand that works with these influencers, can sway potential clients to buy their goods and/ or services.
- Involvement: Brands should involve their clients in their campaigns as this adds value to their products. Businesses that announce different rewarding programs, giveaways and extra perks to their customers build a stronger connection with them, which increases trust and loyalty that cannot be matched.
- Intimacy: Brands that strive to grow need to constantly initiate and maintain outreach and customer engagement through different channels and at different levels. This intimacy between brands and their following enables customer engagement, which makes businesses respond to their client’s needs.
- Interaction: No man is an island! Brands and clients must interact in one way or another to ensure customer engagement for business growth. Brands that interact with their customers as often as possible build trust with their customers, thus, grow and maximize profits.
5. Use Social Media Marketing
Social media originally started as a number of social engagement platforms where people would share their photos and opinions. But, it has transformed into an impactful tool, especially for digital marketing, due to its ease of customer engagement. Seventy-four percent of shoppers base their buying decisions on social media experience, customer engagement, and recommendations from B2C companies and B2B businesses. Brands must, therefore, learn how to communicate and educate their customers through social media platforms to benefit from the unlimited possibilities they have on offer.
A clear-cut social media marketing strategy requires targeting the right social media platform. To win customers over, brands must consistently curate relevant and high-quality content. As if that’s not enough, brands must strive to respond promptly to customer reviews and comments, publishing unique and original content, while advertising their products and services.
A social media marketing strategy should gain consumers’ trust and engagement, be loyal, and champion the brand’s services and products by using social media ads that they can purchase, or they can opt to work with influencers.
As you may have noted, building an online brand from scratch is not as easy as people think. Fortunately, WordPress offers more control, is SEO-friendly, and has customizable features. These features enable businesses to select their brand’s visual identity, invest in customer engagement, build an effective SEO strategy, and improve their brand awareness and visibility.
In addition to all that, WordPress has been tested and proven to win over customers and grow brands across the globe.
What has been your experience with online brands that promote customer engagement? Have you used any other initiatives to effectively gain customer engagement that you would like to share with us? Please comment and share below.