SEO in the business world, is constantly changing, especially as new technologies emerge. To remain competitive, businesses have to stay agile and forward-thinking in their approach to Search Engine Optimization.
Scalability in SEO in 2023 requires a multifaceted approach. It entails optimizing, not just for traditional search engines, but also for dynamic voice and visual search platforms. Additionally, data analytics help monitor and adapt to search algorithms effectively.
The future favors enterprises that stay informed of the latest SEO trends, adapt their current strategies accordingly, and remain laser-focused on optimizing the end-user experience.
This blog post shares the most impactful enterprise SEO trends and strategies of 2023 to enhance your businesses engagement and visibility as well as its money making opportunities.
Readers Also Enjoy: Enterprise Solutions: SEO for Enterprise Level Websites – DevriX
13 Enterprise SEO Trends for 2023
This following list outlines the most important Enterprise SEO trends that companies should prioritize in 2023 to boost their visibility, traffic, and revenues in an increasingly competitive digital landscape.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Optimization. Leveraging advanced AI and ML technologies to gain deeper insights into customer intent, behaviors, and preferences allows enterprises to deliver tailored, relevant content. AI can also automate and optimize website content for specific keywords and queries to improve rankings.
- Voice Search Optimization. With the rising adoption of voice assistants like Alexa and Siri, voice search queries are becoming more common. Optimizing content for natural language and long-tail conversational keywords is key. Structuring content in a question-and-answer format and using header tags can also boost voice search visibility.
- Mobile-First. Indexing Mobile has overtaken desktop as the primary way that users access information. Following Google’s mobile-first indexing requires assessing site speed and UI/UX on mobile, streamlining page loading, eliminating intrusive pop-ups, and simplifying navigation menus.
- Video Content Marketing. Video dominates social media and helps drive substantial traffic. To leverage video, enterprises need optimized titles, tags, subtitles, and transcripts. High-quality, engaging video integrated with blogs and social media helps boost viewership and SEO.
- Local SEO. Enhancing visibility in local search results is crucial to improving foot traffic. Tactics like Google My Business optimization, positive customer reviews, local content creation, and location keywords can help enterprises stand out locally.
- Topic Clustering. Creating silos of interconnected content, like blogs and videos, centered around specific subjects displays to search engines that you are an expert in those niches. This comprehensive topical targeting improves rankings.
- Personalization. Leveraging user data and AI to tailor content and product recommendations increases engagement. Strategies like geo-targeting content or using pop-ups to collect info helps create customized experiences.
- HTTPS Encryption. Switching to secure HTTPS versions of websites enhances user trust and provides a slight boost in search rankings. HTTPS also allows access to browser features like geolocation.
- Structured Data Markup. Schema markup like JSON-LD, microdata, etc. structures page content to improve its visibility and presentation in SERPs. This helps search engines understand pages.
- E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness) Optimization. Producing high-quality content from trustworthy sources with quotes from industry experts enhances E-A-T scores. These factors help content appear more authoritative.
- Conversational Copy. Adopting a conversational, more natural and casual tone makes content more engaging and helps it rank well for voice searches. Short sentences and paragraphs are key.
- Long-Form Written Content. In-depth, comprehensive blog posts, guides, and analysis pieces help demonstrate expertise in topics. This long-form content can also rank for featured snippets.
- Multimedia Content Diversification. Expanding beyond text into other formats like videos, podcasts, webinars, and interactive content caters to different learning styles, keeps audiences engaged, and boosts authority.
Readers Also Enjoy: What Are the Keys to Content Optimization in 2023 – DevriX
5 Key SEO Strategies for Enterprise Companies to Implement in 2023
1. Prioritize the Development of High-Quality On-Site Content
In 2023, the significance of on-site factors has grown even more as off-site elements have diminished in their impact on rankings.
This implies that companies should pivot their focus towards generating high-quality on-site content rather than relying solely on backlinks and keywords .
To attain such a level of quality, Google’s E-A-T acronym suggests that content creators produce material that distinctly showcases expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. To improve on this, in December 2022 Google introduced an additional “E” to E-E-A: Experience.
Going forward, high-quality content should also encompass user friendliness, readability (utilizing shorter and clear sentences and paragraphs), and a more conversational writing style.
2. Adopt AI into Your SEO Practices
Given that Google implements thousands of improvements each year, it becomes evident that, particularly on an enterprise scale, manually implementing SEO strategies is impossible. Here is where AI-powered tools come into the play.
They can automate and improve key elements like keyword research, content optimization, technical SEO audits, and site crawler insights. Instead of relying on guesswork, AI uses data and learning algorithms to identify the best keyword opportunities, optimize pages, and fix technical issues.
Just a few examples:
- An eCommerce enterprise could use an AI-based tool like MarketMuse that automates content audits and removes the subjectivity of what is or isn’t working.
- AI such as Jasper AI can generate content outlines and early drafts that kickstart the content creation process for writers. The technology can add relevant links and images to posts as well.
- Tools like Grammarly utilize AI to refine enterprise content for readability, engagement, and search optimization. The assistant highlights passages that can be improved and provides rewriting suggestions.
- For link building, AI platforms such as BuzzStream can identify the most influential websites and bloggers to reach out to by assessing metrics like domain authority, social shares, and backlink profiles. Outreach efficiency improves significantly.
- AI also empowers more effective analysis of site performance. By processing huge amounts of data, AI-powered platforms like Moz can surface the best opportunities to boost organic growth. It functions as an always-on SEO analyst.
The key is choosing enterprise-grade AI tools designed specifically for business use cases. With the right adoption strategy, AI can make SEO practices far more effective and scalable.
3. Optimize Voice Search
With the rapid adoption of voice-activated assistants like Alexa and Siri, voice search is becoming increasingly common.
According to NPR and Edison Research in 2022, 62% of individuals aged 18 and above in the United States use a voice assistant on various devices. These devices encompass a wide range, such as smart speakers, smartphones, TV remotes, in-car systems, computers/laptops, tablets, and more.
Enterprises need to optimize their content for conversational long-tail keyword phrases that users are likely to speak. This includes using natural language, answering questions clearly, and structuring content for easy scannability.
For example, a financial advisory company could create a blog post titled “What are the best ways to reduce my small business taxes?” rather than “Small business tax reduction tips.”
Headers, bullet points, and bolding key terms also helps content stand out during voice searches.
4. Produce More Video Content
According to the 2022 Cisco Annual Internet Report, video is expected to make up 86% of all internet traffic by 2027 (82% in 2022). This includes video calling, video surveillance, streaming video, video generated from the internet of things, augmented reality and virtual reality.
This means creating original, optimized video content should be a priority for enterprise SEO in 2023 and beyond.
There are three reasons to start right away with video content:
- Videos Increase Time on Page. Adding videos to your website can make visitors spend more time engaged with your content. Longer time on page signals to search engines that your content is valuable. It can improve your SEO rankings and decrease bounce rate.
- Videos Enhance User Experience. Adding videos makes websites more visually appealing. This leads to more time on site and page views. Videos also improve accessibility through visuals and transcripts, widening audience reach.
- Videos Improve Search Engine Visibility. Google, as well as other search engines, places a high value on video content and is more likely to show it in search results.
Different types of videos like animated explainers, client testimonials, behind-the-scenes footage, and expert interviews allow companies to showcase products, thought leadership, and company culture.
With billions of hours of video watched on YouTube daily, an effective corporate YouTube channel provides valuable real estate for videos. optimize each video and channel for keywords. Collaborate with influencers and employees to create vlogs related to products and industry news.
Readers Also Enjoy: What Is SEO Forecasting [How Can It Help Your Business Grow?] – – DevriX
5. Take a Visual Approach to Rank Tracking
Visual rank trackers make SEO more data-driven by transforming rankings and site metrics into easy-to-read graphs and charts. These visualizations uncover issues and optimization opportunities at a glance. For instance, volatility charts can highlight unstable keywords to investigate, while CTR charts identify low-performing pages.
Tools like Tableau, and Searchmetrics visualize ranking history to uncover patterns. Drops around Google algorithm updates become evident. Reviewing rankings by device or country via graphs enables better optimization too.
Dashboards like the SERP features report in Semrush present a snapshot of progress on featured snippets, local pack rankings, and image search appearances. At a glance, SEOs can identify areas to optimize.
Crafting a strategic approach to SEO-focused content is crucial for large enterprises seeking to enhance organic search visibility and drive traffic. By staying in touch with the latest trends and strategies, the path to success has been paved.
At DevriX, we consistently lead in SEO techniques, enabling enduring businesses growth and prominence in the dynamic digital realm. If you’re seeking a well-established partner, don’t hesitate to get in touch!