WordPress is becoming more popular day by day because it offers thousands of plugins to its users. Many of which are free, can bring traffic to your site, and allow you to create a dialogue with your customers. So, if you want to improve your brand, website, or blog, you should use WordPress plugins to promote your website; it is simply one of the best promotional platform around.
The Basics of Promoting a Website
The popularity of a website has a direct correlation to multiple web areas, such as:
- The quality of the existing content.
- The SEO optimization (both on-site and off-site).
- The UX of the website (navigation and ease of interactivity between pages and posts).
- A number of incoming backlinks to the website.
- Credibility through interviews, PR, guest posts, mentions.
- Social media interactions.
- The bounce rate of your visitors.
- Your advertising techniques.
Luckily, some of these areas you can control. However, others depend on your product-market fit and the quality of the information you provide.
Content Marketing Strategy
According to Wikipedia:
Content marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing, and distributing content for a targeted audience online.
It is often used by businesses in order to:
- Attract attention and generate leads.
- Expand their customer base.
- Generate or increase online sales.
- Increase brand awareness or credibility.
- Engage an online community of users.
With regards to finding the best way to promote your website or blog, “content marketing” aims to identify your ideal buyer persona and provide them with the most useful content to solve their problems or their needs. This includes generating more sales, saving time, automating processes, or anything else that resonates with them.
Defining a good content marketing strategy requires an in-depth overview of your target market, your competitors, the SWOT analysis of your solution, and how the solution relates to your prospects’ needs.
Thus, there are various types of content that may come in handy and generate different conversions based on your target market:
Here’s a quick rundown of the content marketing strategy process that you can use as a foundation for your ongoing content production workflow:
- Analyze your target market and the needs of your customers.
- Figure out what’s the best type of content that meets your prospects’ needs.
- Identify the best medium for content production (long vs. short stories, reviews, how-to articles, lists, YouTube videos, podcasts, infographics, a radio show).
- Compile a list of major industry problems and struggles that you can explain and help out with.
- Find your main competitors and reverse engineer their strategy. What sort of content do they publish? What are the main topics they cover? And what tone do they use when speaking to their audience? etc.
- Formulate a brand strategy and tone that is consistent and will be followed as you move forward.
- Run a number of tests using SEMrush, Moz, BuzzSumo, and Serpstat in order to analyze the main keywords that your competitors rank for, the content that converts the best, and generates the highest number of shares.
- Combine that with a set of queries through Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends in order to find out what are the direct and long-tail keywords that you should target.
- Create a spreadsheet or a mindmap that defines the different categories and verticals that you want to target within your audience.
- Figure out whether you can work on content upsells (additional guides, checklists, ebooks, or white papers).
- Start producing outstanding content that solves the main problems of your audience.
- Spend time distributing and promoting your content through your social media channels and where your ideal customers hang out.
- Refine your content, update it, and continue to include additional data, stories, stats, case studies.
- Repurpose your content and create other forms of information (infographics, ebooks, roundups) that could be leveraged in different outlets.
- Publish and promote your website’s content on Quora, LinkedIn, and Medium.
- Build partnerships for fusion marketing and submit guest post entries to other industry sources that will link back to you.
- Repeat everything mentioned above and keep on updating your process if needed.
Content marketing takes time, but as long as you have successfully identified your target audience, what works best, and how you can solve their problems, the rest is about following your process and sticking to the strategy. New content will support previous entries, letting you link your relevant articles in a way that would position you as an expert on the subject.
Once your traffic grows, you can study your followers, monitor their interactions on social media, and through their incoming emails. This way, you can refine your process, if necessary.
Luckily, there are ways to improve your overall positioning or simplify your content strategy while promoting your website.
Keep in mind that bundling plugins together may lead to incompatibility, instability, or performance issues. As your WordPress website grows with time, you should reach out to a professional agency that specializes in high-scale websites, web performance optimization, security, and ongoing stability of larger websites.
With that in mind, let’s review what a WordPress plugin is and what are some of the best options for website promotion.
What Is a WordPress Plugin?
A WordPress plugin is a simple script designed by developers to add to the functionality of your blog or website. Plugins give a website owner more options to change, modify or add to their site without needing to know about programming.
The best part is most of the WordPress plugins are free to download and use. In addition, for the average user, there is most possibly a WordPress plugin available for his or her every need. Additionally, if you want to take full advantage of the plugin’s features, then you can opt to go for their premium or paid version.
WordPress Plugins to Promote Your Website
There are thousands of ways to promote your online presence. However, there are only a few techniques that will bring more traffic as well as potential clients to your site. These techniques include plugins, and some plugins are better for content marketers while others are better for website owners. In other words, you need to decide which will work best for you. To make your decision easier, here is a list of 9 WordPress Plugins you can use to promote your website. All of these plugins are designed to make your life easier.
One of the best ways to promote your business and website is by building communities, online courses, and exclusive memberships for your customers. MemberPressmakes this easier by providing a plugin that allows you to restrict your content and only make it available for people who are subscribed to your plans. Moreover, it can be integrated with email marketing platforms such as ConvertKit and MailChimp.
FEATURES OF MEMBERPRESS:
- Exclusive billing for subscribers.
- Have the ability to create your own online courses.
- Dashboard for members.
- Corporate memberships.
- Paywall and content dripping.
- Customizable coupons.
- Build your own community.
Having a website that’s easy to navigate and cool to the eyes attracts new customers. SeedProd makes this possible by offering a WordPress drag and drop page builder. This way, you can flawlessly customize your web design and come up with custom page layouts without the need for coding. Additionally, they have more than 100 designed templates that you can choose from if you want to setup your site’s design in a matter of minutes.
FEATURES OF SEEDPROD:
- Have the ability to create sidebars, headers, posts, footers, WooCommerce pages, pages, and more without having to code.
- Works with WordPress themes created with SeedProd.
- Supports more than 80 pro page blocks.
- Offers landing page templates such as coming soon, maintenance mode, sales, thank you, giveaway, 404, and login pages.
- Can be integrated with third-party email marketing service providers.
- Allows live previews while editing.
- Offers 20 color schemes and different font combinations.
- Supports custom CSS, domain mapping, dynamic text, and custom scripts.
CRO or Conversion Rate Optimization is the process of converting your web visitors to buying customers. It refers to them doing something on your website such as adding things to the cart, signing up for your email subscription, clicking on links, filling out forms, or purchasing a product. Optinmonster makes this process easier by helping you implement high-converting templates to avoid website abandonment. It also offers a drag and drop builder that can easily be customized.
FEATURES OF OPTINMONSTER:
- Offers custom popups for email lists, promotions, and more.
- Supports fullscreen welcome mats to attract new customers.
- Allows the use of inline signup and sidebar subscribe forms that can be embedded on blog posts and other forms of content.
- Offers countdown timers to create a sense of urgency for promos and discounts.
- Has a mobile-specific pop-up maker.
- Allows users to make their custom pop-ups.
Contact forms are a must for every website, as this is what connects you to your customers. Contact Form by WPForms is an easy-to-use plugin that you can install to your site to create user-friendly forms. It provides a drag and drop builder that allows website owners to come up with contact, order, email subscription, survey, and payment forms in no time. Additionally, they have more than 300 templates that you can easily choose from if you don’t want to make your own.
FEATURES OF CONTACT FORM BY WPFORMS:
- Supports mobile-friendly forms.
- Has over 300+ templates for easier integration.
- Offers spam protection.
- Has a contact form notification system.
- Offers signature and user-registration forms.
- Know your customers’ location through their geolocation feature.
- Saves your clients’ data even when offline.
If your website includes valuable information, then this plugin is a must for you. It’s basically a list builder application. It offers pop-up windows that are fully customizable and can help build email lists. Furthermore, this plugin easily integrates with other email marketing tools. You will also get a share application option that will help bring in more visitors.
Features of SumoMe:
- Easy integration with WordPress themes.
- Total control over growth features.
- Highlights popular Twitter sections.
- Customizable Subscribe box.
- Offers Easy Twitter Sharing.
- Asynchronous loading to make your website faster.
- Amazing email popup option.
- Works great with social plugins.
#4: Pretty Links
Pretty Links is an awesome WordPress plugin to promote your business. It will help you share the URLs of your website as well as create short links. Moreover, this plugin is very effective for masking affiliate links and helps point website visitors to other pages. For example, if you want to promote any of your products listed on other sites, then this plugin will help redirect your customers to that site. This plugin is easily compatible with versions up to 4.0.1.
Features of Pretty Links:
- Helps to redirect to other URLs.
- Tracks the total number of hits.
- Follow click details such as remote hosting, IP addresses, browsers, operating systems, etc.
- Helps to pass custom parameters to the scripts.
- Offers to create simple and clean URLs on the website.
- Helps to generate random slugs for URLs.
- Provides reporting interface.
- Helps to download hit details.
This plugin will allow you to add Google Analytics to your dashboard. Thus it is a must-have tool if you are serious about starting a blog. It will enable you to analyze as well as track your traffic and develop your promotion strategies. Before you use this plugin, you will also have to install Google Analytics.
Features of EXACTMETRICS – GOOGLE Analytics Dashboard
- Comes with a user access level for the Backend statistics as well as for analytics reports.
- Comes with great a option to display the statistics of Google Analytics on the frontend.
- Helps to link accounts for Google AdSense.
- Excludes traffic based on the roles of the user.
- Offers options to exclude event tracking.
- Offers an option to display the overall Traffic Overview in the Pie Charts.
- Best Frontend analytics for data and also reports.
- Supports localization.
- Sampling rate customization.
- Tracks events feature like emails, outbound links, and downloads.
If you want to make your search engine optimization easier, then you have to install the WordPress Yoast Plugin. This plugin will make each blog post SEO-friendly. It is one of the most popular WordPress plugins available to promote your website. It offers an easy-to-use interface that helps you rank higher on Google. Furthermore, Yoast has already been downloaded more than 11,000,000 times which goes to show that it is indeed one of the best plugins around!
Features of Yoast WordPress SEO:
- Helps users write better content.
- Allows users to know the SEO condition of their online content.
- Gives the users possible recommendations.
- Analyzes pages.
- Enables pretty permalinks.
- Custom taxonomy archives.
- Helps to write Meta descriptions.
- Automatically inserts and optimizes Meta tags.
Mailchimp is one of the best email marketing products. It helps build a mailing list and improve customer engagement. This WordPress plugin will enable you to embed a signup form on your WordPress site where you can tell your clients about your products, services, or promotional events.
Feature of MailChimp:
- Very simple to use.
- Easily Customizable.
- Comes with a beautiful theme.
- Offers user-friendly and mobile-optimized sign-up forms.
- Can be seamlessly integrated with numerous other plugins.
The Bottom Line
These top 5 WordPress Plugins for promoting your blog will help you improve customer experience and make your site more professional.
Our team at DevriX has worked closely with dozens of successful businesses generating $1M – $50M in annual revenue, along with several enterprises and Fortune 500 corporations. If you are looking for a professional that will support your technical, creative, and marketing needs, get in touch with us and tell us more about your business.