WordPress is becoming more popular day by day because it offers thousands of plugins to its users. Many of which are free, can bring traffic to your site and allow you to create a dialogue with your customers. So, if you want to improve your brand, website or blog, you should use WordPress plugins to promote your website; it is simply one of the best promotional platform around.
The Basics of Promoting a Website
The popularity of a website has a direct correlation to multiple web areas, such as:
- The quality of the existing content
- The SEO optimization (both on-site and off-site)
- The UX of the website (navigation and ease of interactivity between pages and posts)
- A number of incoming backlinks to the website
- Credibility through interviews, PR, guest posts, mentions
- Social media interactions
- The bounce rate of your visitors
Luckily, some of these areas you can control. However, others depend on your product-market fit and the quality of the information you provide.
Content Marketing Strategy
According to Wikipedia:
Content marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing and distributing content for a targeted audience online.
It is often used by businesses in order to:
- Attract attention and generate leads
- Expand their customer base
- Generate or Increase online sales
- Increase brand awareness or credibility
- Engage an online community of users
With regards to finding the best way to promote your website or blog, “content marketing” aims to identify your ideal buyer persona and provide them with the most useful content to solve their problems, or their needs. This includes generating more sales, saving time, automating processes or anything else that resonates with them.
Defining a good content marketing strategy requires an in-depth overview of your target market, your competitors, the SWOT analysis of your solution, and how the solution relate to your prospects’ needs.
Thus, there are various types of content which may come handy and generate different conversions based on your target market:
Here’s a quick rundown of the content marketing strategy process that you can use as a foundation for your ongoing content production workflow:
- Analyze your target market and the needs of your customers.
- Figure out what’s the best type of content that meets your prospects’ needs.
- Identify the best medium for content production (long vs. short stories, reviews, how-to articles, lists, YouTube videos, podcasts, infographics, a radio show).
- Compile a list of major industry problems and struggles that you can explain and help out with.
- Find your main competitors and reverse engineer their strategy. What sort of content do they publish? What are the main topics they cover? And what tone do they use when speaking to their audience? etc.
- Formulate a brand strategy and tone that is consistent and will be followed as you move forward.
- Run a number of tests using SEMrush, Moz, BuzzSumo, Serpstat in order to analyze the main keywords that your competitors rank for, the content that converts the best, and generates the highest number of shares.
- Combine that with a set of queries through Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends in order to find out what are the direct and long-tail keywords that you should target.
- Create a spreadsheet or a mindmap that defines the different categories and verticals that you want to target within your audience.
- Figure out whether you can work on content upsells (additional guides, checklists, ebooks or white papers).
- Start producing outstanding content that solves the main problems of your audience.
- Spend time distributing and promoting your content through your social media channels and where your ideal customers hang out.
- Refine your content, update it and continue to include additional data, stories, stats, case studies.
- Repurpose your content and create other forms of information (infographics, ebooks, roundups) that could be leveraged in different outlets.
- Publish and promote your website’s content on Quora, LinkedIn, and Medium.
- Build partnerships for fusion marketing and submit guest post entries to other industry sources that will link back to you.
Content marketing takes time, but as long as you have successfully identified your target audience, what works best, and how you can solve their problems, the rest is about following your process and sticking to the strategy. New content will support previous entries, letting you link your relevant articles in a way that would position you as an expert on the subject.
Once your traffic grows, you can study your followers, monitor their interactions on social media and through their incoming emails. This way, you can refine your process, if necessary.
Luckily, there are ways to improve your overall positioning or simplify your content stretegy while promoting your website.
WordPress is the leading CMS, powering 28% of the Internet, and supports several plugins that you can use to simplify your content production and promotion process.
Keep in mind that bundling plugins together may lead to incompatibility, instability or performance issues. As your WordPress website grows with time, you should reach out to a professional agency that specializes in high-scale websites, web performance optimization, security and ongoing stability of larger websites.
With that in mind, let’s review what a WordPress plugin is and what are some of the best options for website promotion.
What Is a WordPress Plugin?
A WordPress plugin is a simple script designed by developers to add to the functionality of your blog or website. Plugins give a website owner more options to change, modify or add to their site without needing to know about programming.
The best part is most of the WordPress plugins are free to download and use. In addition, for the average user, there is most possibly a WordPress plugin available for his or her every need.
WordPress Plugins to Promote Your Website
There are thousands of ways to promote your online presence. However, there are only a few techniques that will bring more traffic as well as potential clients to your site. These techniques include plugins, and some plugins are better for content marketers while others are better for website owners. In other words, you need to decide which will work best for you. To make your decision easier, here is a list of 5 WordPress Plugins you can use to promote your website. All of these plugins are designed to make your life easier.
#Number 5: SumoMe
If your website includes valuable information, then this plugin is a must for you. It’s basically a list builder application. It offers pop-up windows that are fully customizable and can help build email lists. Furthermore, this plugin easily integrates with other email marketing tools. You will also get a share application option that will help bring in more visitors.
Features of SumoMe
- Easy integration with WordPress themes.
- Total control over growth features.
- Highlights popular Twitter sections.
- Customizable Subscribe box.
- Offers Easy Twitter Sharing.
- Asynchronous loading to make your website faster.
- Amazing email popup option.
- Works great with social plugins.
#Number 4: Pretty Link Lite
Pretty Link is an awesome WordPress plugin to promote your business. It will help you share the URLs of your website as well as create short links. Moreover, this plugin is very effective for masking affiliate links and helps point website visitors to other pages. For example, if you want to promote any of your products listed on other sites, then this plugin will help redirect your customers to that site. This plugin is easily compatible with versions up to 4.0.1.
Features of Pretty Link Lite
- Helps to redirect to other URL.
- Tracks the total number of hits.
- Follow click details such as remote hosting, IP addresses, browsers, operating systems, etc.
- Helps to pass custom parameters to the scripts.
- Offers to create simple and clean URLs on the website.
- Helps to generate random slugs for URL.
- Provides reporting interface.
- Helps to download hit details.
#Number 3: Google Analytics Dashboard
This plugin will allow you add Google Analytics to your dashboard. Thus it is a must have tool if you are serious about blogging. It will enable you to analyze as well as track your traffic and develop your promotion strategies. Before you use this plugin, you will also have to install Google Analytics.
Features of Google Analytics Dashboard
- Comes with a user access level for the Backend statistics as well as analytics reports.
- Comes with great option to display the statistics of Google Analytics on frontend.
- Helps to link account for Google AdSense.
- Excludes traffic based on the roles of user.
- Offers options to exclude event tracking.
- Offers an option to display the overall Traffic Overview in the Pie Charts.
- Best Frontend analytics for data and also reports.
- Support localization.
- Sampling rate customization.
- Tracks events feature like emails, outbound links, and downloads.
#Number 2: Yoast WordPress SEO
If you want to make your search engine optimization easier, then you have to install Yoast Plugin. This plugin will make each blog post SEO friendly. It is one of the most popular WordPress plugins available to promote your website. It offers an easy to use interface that helps you rank higher on Google. Furthermore, Yoast has already been downloaded more than 14,000,000 times which goes to show that it is indeed one of the best plugins around!
Features of Yoast WordPress SEO
- Helps write better content
- Allows users to know the SEO condition of online their content
- Gives the users possible recommendations
- Analyzes pages
- Enables pretty permalinks
- Custom taxonomy archives
- Helps to write Meta descriptions
- Automatically inserts and optimizes Meta tags
#Number 1: MailChimp for WordPress
Mailchimp is one of the best email marketing products. It helps build a mailing list and improve customer engagement. This WordPress plugin will enable you to embed a signup form on your WordPress site where you can tell your clients about your products, services or promotional events.
Feature of MailChimp
- Very simple to use
- Easily Customizable
- Comes with beautiful theme
Bottom Line: These top 5 WordPress Plugins for promoting your blog will help you improve customer experience and make your site more professional.
Our team at DevriX has worked closely with dozens of successful businesses generating $1M – $50M in annual revenue, along with several enterprises and Fortune 500 corporations. If you are looking for a professional that will support your technical, creative, and marketing needs, get in touch with us and tell us more about your business.